Interactive locations and intelligent digital signage (iLIDS)
When: March 27th, 17:00 – 19:00
Where: You. Smart. Thing. 5th Floor, Somerset House, 37 Temple St, Birmingham B2 5DP
Interactive locations and intelligent digital signage (iLIDS), are being used to create ‘smart city’ environments the world over, where the environment itself becomes the user-interface.
This informal You. Smart. Thing. networking event is an opportunity to see how research funded by the Department for Transport into interactive locations and intelligent digital signage is powering a new train platform information system, and to take a virtual reality walk-through intelligent responsive lighting.
17:00 – 17:15: Reception & Registration
17:15 – 18:00: A series of short talks:
– From Smartphones to Smart Cities, Chris Thompson – You. Smart. Thing.
– iLIDS at the Platform-Train-Interface, James Lonergan – Rail Safety Standards Board
– Recognising People, Places & Things, Steve Wesemeyer – University of Surrey
– Smart Environment Analytics, Liam Wright – Crowded
– Using Virtual Reality for User Acceptance Testing, Alastair Eibeck – MeYouAndUs
– Next Generation Customer Information Systems, Clive Blane – Kadfire
– Enabling Integrated Digital Railways, Martin Howard – Arriva Rail North (Northern)
18:00 – 18:15: iLIDS Interfaces & Virtual Reality Demo
18:15 – 19:00: Nibbles, Networking & Wine Tasting!