Exciting opportunity for top business development professionals
Established in 2014, You. Smart. Thing. (YST) provides intelligent mobility solutions to private and public sector customers. Its core product, the Travel Assistant, is a cloud-based solution for organisations that need to manage people-flow and travel demand whilst delivering world-class visitor experiences.
Based in a prestigious Birmingham city centre office the company has a dynamic technical, commercial and creative culture, together with exciting plans for growth. In addition to its core market of private-sector venues, events and destinations, YST is accelerating extension of its Software-as-a-Service offering to the public sector.
Travel Assistant is currently being deployed for clients such as Coventry City Council, Coventry City of Culture 2021, West Midlands Metro tram network, and Transport for Wales Rail. Building on these contracts Travel Assistant is now being promoted to regional and local authorities via the Crown Commercial Service’s G-Cloud and Spark procurement portals, and we are seeking an appropriately experienced individual to initiate sales, respond to tenders and close sales prospects.
Reporting to the Business Development Director, this new full-time position offers a competitive basic salary, a sales commission scheme, a comprehensive benefits package, plus a genuine opportunity for personal career progression. The YST team are currently working remotely, however periodic visits to the Birmingham office, and frequent visits to customer premises, will resume when permitted.
To apply, please email Simon.Grieve@YouSmartThing.com with an up-to-date CV, a brief covering letter, plus details of any notice period you are committed to. No agencies or recruiters please.
- Selling YST products and services to new and existing customers in the public sector, in England & Wales.
- Achieving agreed Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) for identifying, qualifying, defining, negotiating, and closing sales opportunities.
- Identifying, exploring and following up new sales opportunities by monitoring relevant events, publications, and announcements, including the various public sector procurement portals.
- Establishing prospective customer business challenges, needs and goals, and tailoring sales proposals accordingly.
- Ensuring proposals and contract obligations are consistent with YST technology and operations.
- Recommending changes in products, services, pricing, and policy by evaluating results and competitive developments.
- Collaborating with existing strategic partners to jointly address the public sector; identify and propose new YST partnership opportunities, either as the lead or a sub-contracted partner.
- Planning and executing a personal work schedule; keeping management informed by submitting activity and results reports, such as call reports, work plans, and with monthly and annual analyses.
- Recording all sales-cycle activity on the YST HubSpot portal.
- Building and maintaining a public sector market intelligence database, including information on individual authorities and key personnel.
- Recommend changes to YST sales & marketing collateral, including product sheets, presentation decks, value propositions, websites, blog posts, and listings on the G-Cloud and Spark procurement portals
- Market knowledge
- Product knowledge
- Technical awareness
- Sales planning
- Target selling
- Prospecting skills
- Presentation skills
- Closing skills
- Relationship building
Education and Experience
- Excellent secondary education record essential.
- Further education qualification preferred.
- 3 to 5 years of comparable sales success essential.
- Public sector sales experience preferred.
- Familiarity with office software and online business tools essential.