Supported by our software engineering and customer success teams, as part of our existing business development team, you will undertake outbound direct sales campaigns, initiating and negotiating ‘Travel Assistant’ deployments that generate recurring licensee fee revenues.
NB: Recruitment of this position was deferred due to the Coronavirus pandemic. Having secured multiple Travel Assistant deployments in parallel sectors, and as venues and events anticipate recover and the return of audiences, we are reigniting our pre-Covid sector focus and business plan.
- 3-5+ years in a relevant business development role
- Knowledge of ticketing solutions, events marketing / destination management ecosystem
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- A dab hand at formatting proposals and presentations
- A digital native, comfortable in a cross-platform environment (we use MS360 on Macs)
- Time management skills and diligent reporting and (we use HubSpot for pipeline management)
- Conducting initial business analysis, qualifying and clearly communicating customer requirements
Package & Benefits
- 30k – 40k basic, £60k uncapped OTE
- Private healthcare
- Flexible working (WFH / Birmingham HQ)
- Employee share option scheme
About the Product
By embedding the ‘You. Smart. Thing.’ Travel Assistant into existing customer touchpoints, websites and booking flows, destinations, venues and events can offer up-to-date personalised travel advice, improving visitor experience and driving repeat visits.
Like Google Maps, the Travel Assistant is easy to add to a website, social media post or mobile app. Unlike Google, it offers destination and transport operators a valuable ‘travel forecast’ of people’s intended travel plans, enabling demand management alongside real-time messaging.
Based on pre-defined business rules, or in collaboration with local transport authorities and transport operators, the platform offers the capability to design bespoke routing that ensures safe and timely arrival and departure, whilst optimising regional transport network capacity and venue accessibility.