Cloud-based data architecture for IoT hardware deployment
We are seeking a fully managed cloud-based solution to store and process data for a regional smart city IoT deployment.
Due to the complex nature of our partner ecosystem and the security requirements of our Consent Matrix information exchange, we need to manage integration of our incumbent private-cloud environment (Digital Ocean, Docker) with multi-cloud environments (AWS, Microsoft, Google Cloud Platform, OpenStack and VMware), which process and exchange real-time information from a varied network of sensor devices located in both fixed and moving vehicle situations.
Optimisation of data latency is business critical, as our applications power real-time information systems for public transport and destination operators, and include vehicle and venue occupancy data that must be refreshed at a maximum of 300ms. Additional managed support requirements include:
- 24/7 X 365 support
- Enterprise DR plan & SLA
- Application portfolio management
- Configuration and optimization
Contract term: 12m with 6 performance review/break clauses
Budget: up to £60,000
Timescale: Appointment 1 November 2019
Procurement Process: Please submit supplier credentials, questions and final proposals to including:
- Your Proposed Project Approach
- Project timelines. Over what period of time would you propose to deliver the 4 phases described above
- Your Delivery Method & Proposed Service Level Agreement
- Your relevant experience / track record
- Your Price
Critically, your organisation must:
- Hold recognised information security and quality assurance certifications
- Have all relevant insurances
- Have at least a 10-year trading history
- Be able to demonstrate the implementation of its Corporate Social Responsibility policy
- Have a track record in the implementation of robust, scalable managed hosting technology components or services
- Be happy to discuss opportunities under a Non-Disclosure Agreement
Potential suppliers will be scored against the following criteria:
- Proposed Solution & Project Approach (20%)
- Price (20%)
- Supply Timescale (20%)
- Delivery Method & Proposed Service Level Agreement (20%)
- Experience / track record (20%)
Please submit your response to email@example.com by 17:00, 11 October. We will respond within 7 days to discuss any clarifying questions and to confirm whether your organisation has been shortlisted. We look forward to hearing from you.
You. Smart. Thing. is part funded under the European Regional Development Fund.